I've always been game to try new devices. I was given a Chromebook a few years ago and started using it like fish in water. At that time most of my activities were browser based. I had a Windows OS laptop at that time which I mainly used to transfer photos from my camera to an external hard drive.
To successfully enjoy using a Chromebook, you need to understand how you use a computer. Here are the reasons why I love using Chromebooks:
(1) You'll be online at a snap of a finger. Boot up time is negligible.
(2) Long battery life. I could go for days without charging.
(3) There's an app for everything and Google provides a wide library of Chrome apps and you can use Android apps too on Chromebooks. I edit videos and photos using apps.
(4) No maintenance needed. Chromebooks take care of updating and it just prompts you to restart when needed. It also happens sparingly.
(5) It lasts for many, many years. I'm writing this post using my son's 2015 Toshiba Chromebook. It's so far still good and strong and the battery is still great.
I decided to get what is touted as the "Chromebook for grown-ups", the Lenovo Thinkpad Chromebook C13 Yoga. My original choice was either the Chromebook Pixel or new Samsung Chromebook (the red one!). After reading a lot of reviews I almost got the Chromebook Pixel, but a friend recommended the Thinkpad Chromebook. After another week of research I decided to get the Thinkpad Chromebook since the hardware specs were competitive with the Chromebook Pixel and it was cheaper. It also had more ports than the Pixel. Here's my unboxing video -
Here are the specs of the Lenovo Thinkpad Chromebook C13 Yoga:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500C
Graphics: Integrated AMD Radeon
Screen: 13.3-inch FHD (1,920 x 1,080) IPS LED
Storage: 256GB PCIe NVMe
Ports: 2 x USB Type-A Gen 1, 2 x USB Type-C Gen 1, 1 x MicroSD Card Reader, 1 x HDMI 2.0, Microphone/Headphone: 3.5mm Jack
Connectivity: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200, Bluetooth 5.0, LTE (optional)
Camera: 720p front-facing webcam with physical shutter, world-facing 5MP, autofocus with single microphone
Weight: 3.3 pounds (1.497 kilos)
Size: (W x D x H): 12.09 x 8.35 x 0.61 inches (307 x 212.1 x 15.5 millimeters)
Battery: 51 WHr Li-ion with Rapid Charge
I'll give myself time for now to use my new Thinkpad Chromebook before I share my usage experience. So far I've used it for three days to blog and edit videos. It's so far been seamless!