You Got Tech attends its first tech event and we witnessed Dell uncover the first line of consumer products they are going to offer the market - the Inspiron. Dell country manager, Barry Bunyi, said that they have so far only covered the corporate market for the Philippines and have finally decided to capture that opportunity.
The Inspiron notebook comes in 8 different colors - Ruby Red, Midnight Blue, Spring Green, Flamingo Pink, Jet Black, Alpine White, Expresso Brown, and Sunshine Yellow. I WANT THE RUBY RED!!! I asked Marrku what it's good for, he said that it's best for doing multimedia especially when you have a lot of photos and dabble with videos (is it the Mac for the PC???). If that is so, then it should match my needs, but the notebook comes in 14" and 15.4" screen which is a tad too big for me.
Here are the specs from the press kit:
• Choice of colors including Jet Black matte finish, Alpine White gloss finish, Espresso Brown, Flamingo Pink, Midnight Blue, Ruby Red, Spring Green, Sunshine Yellow with microsatin premium finish.
• High definition display with TrueLife™ technology
• Choice of hard drive sizes up to 250GB
• Integrated 2.0 megapixel webcam with dual digital microphone and noise-cancellation earbuds
• Dell MediaDirect and Instant Office technology for fast, one-button access to videos, music or photos, calendar and contacts
• Standard 802.11a/g
• Standard integrated 8-in-1 media card reader to enable easy transfer of content from digital devices. Other ports include four USB ports, and IEEE 1394
• Choice of Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Basic or Premium
• Starting weights: Inspiron 1420 – 2.45kg; 1520 – 2.9kg
Starting prices: Inspiron 1420 – Php 33,995 (SRP and inclusive of VAT); 1520 – TBD
Here's how the event went -
Too bad I did not win in the raffle. Boohuhu.